Skip to main content

Meeting Zoey..

Zoeys Photoshoot Experience..


Today I met my friends new daughter for the first time and I had promised I would take her newborn photos which I love to do as a hobby and it was such a crazy experience but it brought back so many memories when Dallas was a baby mind you though the photoshoot was at my house and  Dallas was at home during the shoot who he had entertained my friend and her husband for a while It was pretty hard taking pictures while he was trying to help out applying pillows and giving the baby a blanket while she was posed on her belly or the banging of the toys waking the baby up but something that would have taken me a short time took a little while longer because of Dallas but its ok it was experience that I learned and now looking at my calm son sitting on the couch I cant really be going crazy on him considering he just wanted attention something I should be really prepared for come December because I know its only going to get worse and till then my job is to give him the attention he needs but other than that usually when I have taken pictures of newborns in the past they usually don't like being touched and having outfit changes but Zoey did amazing when she became a little fussy all I had to do was put a pacifier in her mouth and she was fast asleep again she was such an angel and I am glad I was able to do a photoshoot for her while I was holding her I began to get some flashbacks to when Dallas was a baby like the bottle feeding and the noise they make when they are gulping the milk (I know I'm weird) but I love that noise Dallas as a bay was difficult and he loved to eat and during his feedings when he wasn't crying is when I would notice little habits of his like the position of his hands while he fed and the noises and the smell of newborn, who doesn't love the smell of newborn baby???
Deep down I was excited because I know I'm going to experience this soon again and not only will I have my new baby but I will have my big boy to share this experience with and I loved the concept of Dallas trying to help even though that's what made the shoot a little hard I thought maybe it wont be that bad?? I mean I hear stories of how hard it is having a toddler and a newborn but I mean they need to see and know that its going to be so much fun having a sibling and a conversation I had with Zoeys mommy was when Dad go's back to work its going to be scary to juggle both but honestly if you think about it  not only are the older siblings learning but the moms are still learning and super scared as well but eventually we become pros and start to do things on our own with a routine that best fits us. It always go's through my mind on how to juggle both children or how my sleep will be or even the house will it remain clean or become a disaster???..sure enough I will know these things soon but being scared and negative about it isn't going to help so the best thing to do is just stay excited about my new baby and just go with the flow..Dallas is going to love his brother and we are going to teach him everything about love and having to SHARE (every kids worst nightmare) at the end of the day all we want as parents is for our kids to grow up together and give them the best life they can have. It was pretty cute seeing Dallas trying to help before I had to tell him to play in his room but other than him trying to play literally beside the posed baby lol I know it was a call for attention.
I took captured some beautiful shots of Zoey and I am still practicing my posing and camera settings and all that fun stuff I was very happy with these pictures and how they came out Zoeys big sister was watching everything as well and seeing the way she wanted attention just reminded me its going to be ok and its a part of the new sibling process at the end of the shoot I saw her kissing her baby sister and just like I said there will be bumps in the road but she Loves her baby sister and will continue to create a bond with each other and cherish the memories growing up. Later on after everyone left it was just me and Dallas and we cleaned up the toys and he was helping me pick up the baby costumes he would hand them to me and tell me its my baby brother's mom using the words baby brother gets me happy and after playing and watching movies eating grapes he took a nap and my husband got home from work and Dallas got up right away..he didn't want daddy he wanted mommy and things like this remind me I'm not doing a bad job because my baby loves me and misses me even after a nap.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pregnancy with Baby Number 2..

Pregnancy with a toddler ... Now I will start off by saying my first pregnancy was a breeze for me, loved having my days where I could just take a nap when ever I wanted or just be lazy on the couch not having to get up for one second .. unless it was to eat or pee of course. This time around was a completely different ball game and don't get me wrong I am enjoying every minute of it I just never knew having a toddler along with it can make you feel so exhausted. I do mean that in the very best way possible though don't get me wrong I love including Dallas when "Baby brother" is kicking and when I read or sing or count to him he finds it funny and all though he might be to little to understand whats going on I feel its always best to just keep positive and happy about the baby I will admit I do get scared from time to time because there is always that one fear of Dallas feeling left out or me not spoiling my first baby anymore and the one thing I don't want

This is me..Evelyn

INTRO: My name is Evelyn.. also known as "Mommy" ,"Mom" and  "Babe" but I'm glad you came across my page!(so exciting) so let me tell you a little bit about myself.. I am the oldest of three children I also am the only girl and a mamas girl I have two younger brothers who one was born with autism and is way bigger than me I call him my little big ass brother or destructo, you will see why in the future :) My youngest baby brother just graduated from high school and is babied by the world including myself.. But most importantly Me.. Myself??? Something amazing happened to me November 8,2014 ..well I became a mother. The moment Dallas was placed in my arms I couldn't be any happier I was still in shock, this baby was all mine...he came out of me??? (seriously though those were the thoughts going through my head) but besides that I was in Love, never had I felt anything so beautiful in my entire life the moment he was placed in my arms and foreve

To those who just dont get it..

This is written for the husbands who don't get why they re wife is crying constantly, this is written for the daughters and sons who see mom or dad sad all the time, this is written for the friends who don't want to invite they re friend because he or she is a "Debbie Downer" . This is written for the people who say depression is for the weak and its just people feeling sorry for them selves. This is also written for the people who don't understand why anxiety "Just happens" Ive been in both shoes actually to not understanding to experiencing it and also being that person who needs to speak about it. I am that person who observes a lot since I was small , and for the past few years I see that a lot of people that suffer from anxiety or depression aren't really vocal about it reason being embarrassed or scared of what people might think or just being hush hush "feeling weak' or unfortunately those who don't acknowledge  that there