Skip to main content

Playdates are a Must!!!...

We need Play Days to Survive and keep Sane!

I started noticing after Dallas turned one that his energy was like no other, he was non stop and ready to run and had me on my feet all the time and  till this day he's a runner and its just not me on my feet its my husband, mom, mom n law, sisters n law its more like a group effort kind of thing and the help is greatly appreciated especially now because I am always so tired all the time. My grandma always yelled at me to take him to the park and let him run for a few hours and I was the first time mom that was like didn't want to because its dirty and on top of that I worked full time so on my days off I just wanted to relax and be with him and run errands kind of thing and when I reflect and think back on it.. that wasn't fair I mean I'm keeping  a toddler with the wiggles in the house all week and I bet he was just bored out of his mind which not only made me sad but look at the bigger picture here while your trying to clean do laundry whatever is it that your doing around the house he or she is screaming up and down the halls dumping toys on the floor and making a even bigger mess so for the sake of both you and your kid take them out the house for a few hours it seriously helps keep both of your sanity. I started with small play dates at a friends house or would invite friends to play at mine and then started doing parks and even indoor play areas which beats dirty hands and sand in the kids shoes. The first time I went to a indoor play area me and Dallas spent three hours there  playing and the time went by so fast!! Now..the best part was the car ride home when your child knocks out and being able to put him or her in bed to continue sleeping is awesome because why??! It leaves quiet time for mom to focus on housework or homework hell even catch up on social media and even have a nap or cup of coffee to get you recharged again.
I recently had a play date at the park and while I have been noticing the nap times have been getting shorter... I still figured it was time to get some fresh air for both of us and joined a friend and her girls it was a small park but I enjoyed it, It reminds me when I was little and my  parents would take us and pack lunches and snacks (which I did) and just go crazy !! Its always nice to see your little one make friends and share have funny conversations. This park in particular had a pond with ducks and turtles and the kids enjoyed it beside the fact my son was chasing the damn ducks back in the water but Its all good no ducks were hurt.
Three hours later some snacks and water and it was time to go, ya I was tired chasing and walking with him all day but the fresh air was amazing and being able to even have a conversation with another person who can relate with you and just catch up feels so good because your not alone its always nice to share experiences with a friend and ask for advice or get another point of view being trapped in the house can start to drive one a little crazy and just imagine if its you that's feeling this way imagine the little one and how they may feel even if its going for a hour walk it seriously makes a difference in your day and helps with the mind. Running errands has been a different experience lately I feel like I try to make it more like an adventure while they are small you still can and let me tell you the trips to the car wash makes my baby so happy!! at the end of the day  these play dates not only calm them down but it makes our bonding time more fun and a learning experience for both me and my big boy, I used to save things like that for the weekends to have mom and dad spend time with him and have fun but trips like these are much needed during the week and great therapy for both us.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pregnancy with Baby Number 2..

Pregnancy with a toddler ... Now I will start off by saying my first pregnancy was a breeze for me, loved having my days where I could just take a nap when ever I wanted or just be lazy on the couch not having to get up for one second .. unless it was to eat or pee of course. This time around was a completely different ball game and don't get me wrong I am enjoying every minute of it I just never knew having a toddler along with it can make you feel so exhausted. I do mean that in the very best way possible though don't get me wrong I love including Dallas when "Baby brother" is kicking and when I read or sing or count to him he finds it funny and all though he might be to little to understand whats going on I feel its always best to just keep positive and happy about the baby I will admit I do get scared from time to time because there is always that one fear of Dallas feeling left out or me not spoiling my first baby anymore and the one thing I don't want

This is me..Evelyn

INTRO: My name is Evelyn.. also known as "Mommy" ,"Mom" and  "Babe" but I'm glad you came across my page!(so exciting) so let me tell you a little bit about myself.. I am the oldest of three children I also am the only girl and a mamas girl I have two younger brothers who one was born with autism and is way bigger than me I call him my little big ass brother or destructo, you will see why in the future :) My youngest baby brother just graduated from high school and is babied by the world including myself.. But most importantly Me.. Myself??? Something amazing happened to me November 8,2014 ..well I became a mother. The moment Dallas was placed in my arms I couldn't be any happier I was still in shock, this baby was all mine...he came out of me??? (seriously though those were the thoughts going through my head) but besides that I was in Love, never had I felt anything so beautiful in my entire life the moment he was placed in my arms and foreve

To those who just dont get it..

This is written for the husbands who don't get why they re wife is crying constantly, this is written for the daughters and sons who see mom or dad sad all the time, this is written for the friends who don't want to invite they re friend because he or she is a "Debbie Downer" . This is written for the people who say depression is for the weak and its just people feeling sorry for them selves. This is also written for the people who don't understand why anxiety "Just happens" Ive been in both shoes actually to not understanding to experiencing it and also being that person who needs to speak about it. I am that person who observes a lot since I was small , and for the past few years I see that a lot of people that suffer from anxiety or depression aren't really vocal about it reason being embarrassed or scared of what people might think or just being hush hush "feeling weak' or unfortunately those who don't acknowledge  that there