Skip to main content

Tantrums in public...

Tantrums..

Well to tell you the truth I still don't know how to handle tantrums in public that is today was one of those days where Dallas did not nap and it started off as a good day getting my baby his costume for my husbands trick or treat party and he was doing pretty good we did notice he got a bit emotional from time to time but then he would get excited when we reminded him that it was time to trick or treat at daddys work which made him really happy his aunts and cousin joined him as well which made the experience really fun and he was able to share that with his cousin who dressed as Tinkerbell  and we had Dallas dress up as a cop which he picked out himself we were totally looking at cute Disney costumes something more his age and he saw the police man and said I want it so we got it for him it was really cute on him plus it had muscles which made him look extra buff lol, but as I was saying as soon as we got to my husbands job he got a boost of energy and my son has never had patience even when we have tried to teach it to him many many times we had to wait in a line to get some tickets and my son was over here hitting people with his "pertend" paton and jumping around wanting to run in the building already I mean it was cute at first because he was excited but when your super pregnant and chasing after a two year old going 60 miles an hour it gets tiring me and my husband were like tag teaming man no joke and finally when we got our tickets he was able to see what was inside which was pretty amazing. My husbands job decked out the whole building as a big play area and there was jumpers , games, trick or treating for the kids and carnival rides that all kids were able to get on you would think after hours of jumping in a jumper my son would be calm and tired..NO.. he was kept going and going and going..which was cool but it was time to eat and this is where it got a little crazy. After being in line getting out food from the food trucks we explained to Dallas that it was time to eat and after he was done and ate all his food he could go and play which I feel any parent would do right? I mean all we want to do is see you eat your meal sheesh but moving on he was pretty upset that we had to sit down and I started getting a little upset as well seeing all the kids with there parents just eating sitting down calmly and enjoying the cheeseburgers and then you look at my table and you see Dallas crying and literally trying to run away to play I swear I mean I look back at it and it probably looked kind of funny seeing a short little kid in a cop outfit running down the isle aye..but the bigger picture was after my husband catching him sitting him down to eat he still wasn't listening and that's when you start getting those stares from other parents and who knows what they are thinking?? I mean you look up for one second and see a set of eyes looking at you with a screaming toddler literally screaming because he doesn't wan to eat and your trying your best to keep it together well I got nervous at one point and spilled ranch on me the number of times I cant even count he tried to get away this kid fears nothing and I don't want to yell in public I mean considering its my husbands job and his co workers would be call me crazy mom of 2017.
At this point we told him we were going to go home if he didn't finish his food and start listening to us, that made him a little scared at least and he ate two chicken nuggets and some fries..progress!! Then Dallas was on his third nugget which made me even more happy yay just one more to go and by now I could care less that he ate his fries my thing is ge eats his protein were good but Dallas also likes to spit up his food from time to time and there go's the damn nugget well..back to two again now eat the fries..nope I'm done mom whatever at this point I was frustrated and after the screaming trying to feed him having to eat a damn meal myself I was ready to move on because to tell you the truth I don't know how to handle the tantrums yet especially the ones in  public!!! It makes me nervous and I feel judged by others.
When I was younger I used to see those mom scream in the stores and I would tell myself that's not going to be me, my child will be a saint ya ok it didn't go down that way because it is a daily struggle for myself at least to even go to the market sometimes my son likes to stand in the cart and scream when he wants things and til this day I still am trying to find a way to make it stop I know he is a toddler the terrible twos are dam terrible trust me .. I want to say for myself this is the hardest it has been for me as a new mom to handle this stage of life even though it is fun and I love the conversations my son has with me.. Its hard.. as well and other moms have warned me about this stage and well this is it..for me when I see that mom yelling at her kid in the store I never stare anymore I never judge why?? because I understand girl!! Do what you gotta do I will admit I have snapped a little at the stores and I still get a little nervous its something I am learning how to master and conquer the phase of the terrible twos but as new moms I know its hard and I am with you parents I honestly don't know how my mother would do it with just a look and id sit my  butt down..Dallas is turning three in November and the terrible twos are still lingering around here, eventually I know it will pass but I think this is something we have to master on our own and figure out along with getting to know more about our child I find myself comparing my kid to others and like what am I doing wrong?????!! but I have come to the reality that every child is different and mine is one that needs and wants extra attention no matter what I'm going to be here to give it to him so the point of asking questions why does your kid do this or that?? Honestly ..no point because we just have to figure out better ways to make them understand "US" and since Saturday I have been making myself clear to him like cleaning up his own toys in the playroom and his room which was a great thing because I am tired of picking up toys now we have made it a chore now which is amazing so little by little we will get there as for the tantrums I know there is many more to come..
I'm going to post the link in my sister n laws channel for all to see the video of that day <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NNl2vibXgQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pregnancy with Baby Number 2..

Pregnancy with a toddler ... Now I will start off by saying my first pregnancy was a breeze for me, loved having my days where I could just take a nap when ever I wanted or just be lazy on the couch not having to get up for one second .. unless it was to eat or pee of course. This time around was a completely different ball game and don't get me wrong I am enjoying every minute of it I just never knew having a toddler along with it can make you feel so exhausted. I do mean that in the very best way possible though don't get me wrong I love including Dallas when "Baby brother" is kicking and when I read or sing or count to him he finds it funny and all though he might be to little to understand whats going on I feel its always best to just keep positive and happy about the baby I will admit I do get scared from time to time because there is always that one fear of Dallas feeling left out or me not spoiling my first baby anymore and the one thing I don't want

This is me..Evelyn

INTRO: My name is Evelyn.. also known as "Mommy" ,"Mom" and  "Babe" but I'm glad you came across my page!(so exciting) so let me tell you a little bit about myself.. I am the oldest of three children I also am the only girl and a mamas girl I have two younger brothers who one was born with autism and is way bigger than me I call him my little big ass brother or destructo, you will see why in the future :) My youngest baby brother just graduated from high school and is babied by the world including myself.. But most importantly Me.. Myself??? Something amazing happened to me November 8,2014 ..well I became a mother. The moment Dallas was placed in my arms I couldn't be any happier I was still in shock, this baby was all mine...he came out of me??? (seriously though those were the thoughts going through my head) but besides that I was in Love, never had I felt anything so beautiful in my entire life the moment he was placed in my arms and foreve

To those who just dont get it..

This is written for the husbands who don't get why they re wife is crying constantly, this is written for the daughters and sons who see mom or dad sad all the time, this is written for the friends who don't want to invite they re friend because he or she is a "Debbie Downer" . This is written for the people who say depression is for the weak and its just people feeling sorry for them selves. This is also written for the people who don't understand why anxiety "Just happens" Ive been in both shoes actually to not understanding to experiencing it and also being that person who needs to speak about it. I am that person who observes a lot since I was small , and for the past few years I see that a lot of people that suffer from anxiety or depression aren't really vocal about it reason being embarrassed or scared of what people might think or just being hush hush "feeling weak' or unfortunately those who don't acknowledge  that there