Skip to main content

The day I became a mother of two


December 5,2017 is the day my life changed ..again but in so many different ways this whole pregnancy was a little harder for me not medically but because I literally was chasing after a toddler the whole time and not just some normal toddler this is Dallas ..come on so I was on my feet the whole time which was a good thing considering I didn't get super huge like I did the first time around and he kept me pretty active and I took advantage of all the sleeping in and nap times because I was mentally preparing for the sleepless nights but other than that everything ran pretty smoothly I wasn't able to blog toward the end only because we had so much family over visiting from out of state just to be here for the baby shower t was honestly amazing and my mother in law threw me such a beautiful party my husband and I are truly so blessed and our baby was so spoiled with love.
As the due date started getting close I felt myself getting nervous not for a new baby coming because I was beyond excited but for things getting prepared in the house like being organized like his room and closet I swear to you I organized all of our closets and cleaned up and down til this baby got here because the last thing I wanted to do was come home to a dirty house and be sleep deprived nope wasn't going to happen. My husband and I prepared our cars and got the car seats ready also making countless trips to Target to get items we needed for the house or baby and cant forget our hospital bag.
The doctor appointments started getting closer and soon enough it was that time where it came to examine me I was expecting to at least be two centimeters or on my way to three after walking all weekend at the mall and being active, at my previous appointment I was told to be active to see if I would go into labor on my own if not I was going to be induced to the baby being over eight pounds already mind you my due date was December 17 so I still had two weeks to go, but honestly I didn't want to be induced so I tried everything to go into labor but I was told I was only 1 cm which was a bummer and the doctor put me down for induction that night so I prepared myself and continued to be active and clean my house make sure everything was packed and take the longest nap in my life and enjoy the last hours with Dallas being an only child, my mom showed up and Jonathan got off of work and we went to the hospital where I found out I was already three going on four cm which I did not need to be induced! From then on everything went pretty smooth I mean being in labor hurts mind you the contractions were very painful..obviously but I took the pain very well until epidural got there and I literally had the epidural for about an hour and was ready to push it was honestly so easy and painless and he was here in thirty minutes of pushing ..now that moment I heard my baby cry was the most beautiful noise and to see the baby put on me was an amazing experience I cried and smiled at the same time and the look on my husbands face was priceless I was in pure bliss and loved every moment of it. 
Zayn Eli Hernandez was born December 5, 2017 at 11:36 am weighing in at 8 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long

Zayn has been such a good baby I truly am so grateful and blessed everything has been running so smoothly and I'm able to nurse him and sleep at night he literally only cries when he is hungry and lets me sleep I thank God everyday for blessing me with my boys ..Dallas is still adjusting to baby brother being home which has caused his behavior to become a little bit more crazy than usual which me and my husband are trying to find ways right now to handle his behavior and I was that mom who gave her kid the phone to watch youtube just so he could sit down for a bit but recently I have cut him from phones and ipads we are looking for another sport to put him in and looking to be more active and watch less T.V now I'm not saying I wont ever give it to him but for long car rides I feel its ok , I just feel he was watching and learning to many things I didn't like on certain channels and I couldn't keep up with all the channels he was watching and after certain things he was beginning to say and a conversation with his pediatrician Its time to take it away its been difficult for him to understand why he cant have the phone and I know he will soon forget about it and we can conquer being active and letting out his wiggles at the park or a sport. He will soon understand how awesome it is to have a sibling and I want him to be that brother who spends time with his baby brother having fun making memories not glued to the phone this is my choice and better I caught it early then him being addicted.
Balancing both Zayn and Dallas has been a little hard I'm glad my husband is home for a month to help me and get used to things but other than that everything is amazing and yes I know there is going to be challenges along the way but its things I will learn and soon be able to manage on my own when Jonathan does go back to work. For now I'm enjoying every minute with my family and focusing on my kids and getting this body prepared to shrink back to size which its already on its way loosing 20 lbs in a week so more positivity heading my way and enjoying being a mother of two boys.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pregnancy with Baby Number 2..

Pregnancy with a toddler ... Now I will start off by saying my first pregnancy was a breeze for me, loved having my days where I could just take a nap when ever I wanted or just be lazy on the couch not having to get up for one second .. unless it was to eat or pee of course. This time around was a completely different ball game and don't get me wrong I am enjoying every minute of it I just never knew having a toddler along with it can make you feel so exhausted. I do mean that in the very best way possible though don't get me wrong I love including Dallas when "Baby brother" is kicking and when I read or sing or count to him he finds it funny and all though he might be to little to understand whats going on I feel its always best to just keep positive and happy about the baby I will admit I do get scared from time to time because there is always that one fear of Dallas feeling left out or me not spoiling my first baby anymore and the one thing I don't want

To those who just dont get it..

This is written for the husbands who don't get why they re wife is crying constantly, this is written for the daughters and sons who see mom or dad sad all the time, this is written for the friends who don't want to invite they re friend because he or she is a "Debbie Downer" . This is written for the people who say depression is for the weak and its just people feeling sorry for them selves. This is also written for the people who don't understand why anxiety "Just happens" Ive been in both shoes actually to not understanding to experiencing it and also being that person who needs to speak about it. I am that person who observes a lot since I was small , and for the past few years I see that a lot of people that suffer from anxiety or depression aren't really vocal about it reason being embarrassed or scared of what people might think or just being hush hush "feeling weak' or unfortunately those who don't acknowledge  that there

Quarantine and pregnant

Quarantine and pregnant  Today at 7:36 AM When  I got pregnant this year I pictured something very different I pictured hanging out with my family and doing fun stuff enjoying the summer with my boys and beach days before the new baby is born and then the pandemic hit.. it was like reality smacked everyone in the face. I was so used to waking up and having my kids on a schedule with soccer games and practice and game days not to mention waking up for school and our fave park days with friends it was a weekly thing and my kids are energizer bunnies they literally keep going and going so tiring them out with a whole day of activities honestly helped .. a lot. Not only with my kids but myself I struggle with anxiety a lot and it seriously kept my mind in check my thoughts organized and not all over the place. Fast forward to school closing down and everything being closed it was new it was sad I tried making the best of it at first yes were in this together family time i ordered activitie